Centralized Data Management Activities
The Centralized Data Management Office (CDMO) staff has participated in the
following activities in the last year:
Data review and data dissemination:
CDMO houses over 35,500,000 water, weather, and nutrient data records.
Authenticated data dating back to 1995.
- Developed a web-based data submission and automated QAQC strategy
for SWMP data
- Developed more stringent internal quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) procedures related to data management.
- Revised external data management documentation for our users (the CDMO NERR SWMP Data Management Manual version 6.3).
- Hosted the annual NERR Technician Training Workshop in Pawley's Island in February 2010.
- Participated in the annual NERRA meeting in San Deigo, California in November, 2009 and the annual NERR Research Coordinator meeting in Saint Augustine in February 2009.
- Hosted the annual NERR Data Management Committee meeting at the USC
Baruch Marine Laboratory in September 2009.
- Participated in several Ocean.US IOOS-sponsored workshops as well as
IOOS regional association workshops.
For additional information on the CDMO and related activities, contact:
Dr. Dwayne E. Porter
Belle W. Baruch Institute for Marine Biology and Coastal Research
Columbia, SC 29208
803-777-4615 or email@example.com